You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Stieferman Heating Company Inc have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the present temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Stieferman Heating Company Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 573-635-3547.