During the cooler Jefferson City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Stieferman Heating Company Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Stieferman Heating Company Inc ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Stieferman Heating Company Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Stieferman Heating Company Inc at 573-635-3547 or book an appointment with us online.