Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Jefferson City is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Stieferman Heating Company Inc consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Stieferman Heating Company Inc in Jefferson City at 573-635-3547 today.