Having routine air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Jefferson City summertime, have the professionals at Stieferman Heating Company Inc complete your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Stieferman Heating Company Inc today at 573-203-3908.