As warmer weather rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Jefferson City? Especially if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Stieferman Heating Company Inc technician can help spot little issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little troubles before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine parts and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Right Away with Stieferman Heating Company Inc
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Stieferman Heating Company Inc pros a shout at 573-635-3547 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your next tune-up.