One of the most important parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more essential. Winters in Jefferson City are erratic and the frostiest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you call in an expert technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most widespread causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time traveling through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to shut down on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to notice the problem, while newer furnaces are meant to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can ward off these problems and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this vital step, especially if there was a new rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can easily be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the problem with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is an easy and effective way of checking the productivity of your furnace before you make a call to your Jefferson City professional. If there are still problems after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call Stieferman Heating Company Inc in Jefferson City.