When it’s chilly in Jefferson City you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could need a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Stieferman Heating Company Inc.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Stieferman Heating Company Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.