Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Jefferson City during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Stieferman Heating Company Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Stieferman Heating Company Inc at 573-635-3547 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.